WHAT HAPPENS ON A BROKEN PADDLE Kayak or sup TOUR?
- Safety is Our #1 Priority! As ACA certified guides we WILL prepare you for your paddle.
- You will receive all the details for your booking in a confirmation email immediately after booking.
- Refunds provided due to severe weather or extenuating circumstances. Stuff happens; we understand that. If a cancellation is necessary, please do your part to provide a 24 hour notice and we can work with you to reschedule your tour for a later date.
- Now onto the ADVENTURE…
THE FIRST LEG OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Dress for the weather & pack bags. *See below: "What to Bring"
- You will meet your guide at BPG's Tour Entry Points. You will receive a map in your confirmation email on how to get there. If you are lodging near one of these three areas you will probably not drive more than 30min. (note: we take care of all transportation once you arrive at your Entry Point).
- Please arrive at your designated Tour Entry Point 10min before your tour departure time.
- We will outfit you with paddles, life vests, dry bags- The whole 9 yards.
THE SECOND LEG OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- You and the group will now participate in an ACA kayak/SUP 101 tutorial lasting 15-20 minutes on the ins and outs of paddling your kayak. We will cover paddling techniques, boat and water safety, and some great tips to make your time on the water most enjoyable.
THE THIRD LEG OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Time to paddle and enjoy. All Broken Paddle guides are trained outdoor educators with long educational careers in natural history, experiential teaching, and local history.. Each one of our six guides has specialties that you will have the unique pleasure to actively participate in, or just paddle quietly. We love to learn more than we teach so ask questions but don't forget to share your stories and knowledge with us!
- We will stop for bathroom breaks whenever needed. There will be a chance to find a non-mother nature bathroom before we get on the water.
- We will also stop a couple times to stretch your legs and enjoy a provided snack.
THE FOURTH AND FINAL LEG OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- We will end your tour at our Kayak Exit Point and you will have a chance to relax for a few minutes as the guide loads boats on the trailer and packs the van.
- Some tours require no shuttling and we will end at your vehicle, or we will shuttle you back to your vehicle in our passenger van and probably jam some soft rock favorites or if you twist our arm we all have some great adventurer stories to share.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Footwear you don't mind getting wet - sandals are best- (or paddle barefoot)
- Dress for the weather- layers, layers, layers. You can always take them off and stow them
- Sunglasses or hat
- Camera- we have dry bags for protection
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- All Paddling Equipment
- Bathroom Necessities
- Dry Bags
- Extra Clothes
- Bug Spray
- First Aid Kit
- Fun and Adventure